Hello all, Chrishaun here!
I’m so glad that y’all are enjoying the pics on Instagram of the meals I have been eating! I’m still in early days, but the brain fog has lifted. I have been working better, making better sentences, thinking plots through better and after all my work has been done, sleeping better.
One of my standbys is my Herbed Sour Cream. It was an accident trying to make ranch dressing, and I love it.
The biggest part of this is that it requires roasting a clove of garlic and caramelized onions. It takes a little time for what’s essentially a dip, but it is so worth it!
Herbed Sour Cream
This is a stable of my keto life. I use it as dip for veggies, as a topper for my boiled eggs (a lazy girl’s deviled egg) and anything else I will use sour cream for.
- 16 oz tub of Sour Cream
- 1 clove of roasted garlic ((recipe below))
- ½ of a medium onion (, finely chopped)
- 1 TBSP butter
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP chive flakes
- 1 TBSP fresh rosemary
- 1 TBSP fresh thyme
- 1 TBSP parsley flakes
- 1 TSP sea salt
- 1 TSP dill
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Peel the outer layer of garlic until the cloves are exposed.
- Cut the top ½ inch off of the garlic and place on enough aluminum foil to cover the entire clove.
- Rub a tablespoon of olive oil over the entire clove, concentrating on the exposed cloves.
- Wrap the cloves in the foil and bake for 30 minutes or until the cloves feel soft when squeezed.
- Allow to cool (about an hour), then squeeze a clove out of the skins.
- Mash in a bowl and set aside.
- Take the butter and melt in a pan. Add the rest of the olive oil
- Saute the onions on medium heat, stirring until brown.
- Add to the bowl with the garlic.
- Add the other ingredients and mix thoroughly. Place in a sealable container and refrigerate overnight.