I love a good casserole on my Sunday Cookups, and this one is not only keto, but veggies rich as well… Enjoy!
Cauliflower Chicken Casserole
Cauliflower, cheese, herbed sour cream, and bacon all wrapped up in a single meal! Easy to make, fridges and freezes well, and you can eat it alone or as a side. So good!
- 3 cups of riced Cauliflower
- 6-7 slices of bacon
- 1 cup of chicken (, chopped (I use boneless thighs))
- 1 cup of mushrooms (, chopped)
- ½ onion (, chopped)
- 1 cup herbed sour cream
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Salt to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large fry pan, cook the bacon until crispy. Crumble into a bowl and set aside.
- Remove the bacon, then add the onion to the bacon fat and saute until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and saute with the onion until they have cooked down. There will be a little liquid in the pan, don’t worry.
- Add the cauliflower to the pan. And saute until the liquid is absorbed.
- Move the cauliflower mixture to a bowl. Add the sour cream, half the cheese and most of the bacon. Stir until thoroughly mixed and turn into a small casserole dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Allow to cool.